Saturday, January 22, 2011

Undeath

Sometime in 2010, I started working on a series of ink drawings in my sketchbook. These are done with sharpie markers on paper. In the past, I've always used illustration board and drawing pens for my illustrations, but I found the sharpies somehow both challenging AND relaxing to work with. It's like using the cheaper paper and markers has taken some pressure off and I feel freer to experiment.

I am averaging about 1-2 images/week with some weeks bringing much more work, and some weeks bringing no images at all. Most of the images are about 8.5 x 5.5" - some work better than others, but as a whole, it's some of my favorite work I've done and it's gotten me very excited about drawing again.

The series is called "Undeath: ghosts, angels, and other spirits" which I plan on publishing in some form (hard copy, probably not digital) in multiple volumes. Each volume will come with an album of my music (probably on CD as that is easiest). I'll post some images here over time...



This was one of the first ten or so I completed and is, perhaps, my favorite so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment